Welcome to the AmpleSense DAO Community Hub Forums General Conversation Do the users really understand AMPL, and what can be done about it? Reply To: Do the users really understand AMPL, and what can be done about it?

• davoice321

Administrator
    September 30, 2020 at 20:57

Maybe Ample has to first fully work as designed, and only then the mass understanding will emerge, from the experience.

I would like to raise the awareness that, if it is correct that a good number of investors do not understand Ample, and therefore do not “invest right” just with the token, there may be a considerable risk that creating other use cases for the protocol, instead of promoting it, will backfire and become new points of misunderstandings and losses.

In my conversations with people, I’ve seen a number raise this point that: “Ampl must work fully as designed” before we begin creating use cases for the platform beyond holding “naked” Ample.

My personal belief is that Ample isn’t working “as designed” because there aren’t enough demand drivers beyond speculation to encourage utilization of the asset.

I also think that there’s benefit in having derivatives of Ample or other elastic finance assets that allow people to benefit from Ample’s effects, but with less downside and risk.

So, Ample will only perform as designed when there’s enough demand, and there isn’t enough demand for it to perform as designed. A classic chicken and egg problem.

From an investor education perspective, yes, we can certainly teach people about the benefits of elastic finance, but the vast majority aren’t going to look that deeply. So why not do things to both educate and help unsavvy investors reduce their risk and benefit from the asset in different ways?

At the DAO we’re focused on both educating the masses about elastic assets and helping to drive adoption and demand by acknowledging and catering to the different personas that will be interested in utilizing or benefiting from an asset like Ample, without treating all individuals the same, or expecting all of them to have the same risk appetite.