Welcome to the AmpleSense DAO Community Hub Forums General Conversation The AmpleSense DAO: Should it play a role in Ampleforth protocol governance? Reply To: The AmpleSense DAO: Should it play a role in Ampleforth protocol governance?

• AMPL_Warlord

September 30, 2020 at 04:31

It doesn’t make sense to me that the DAO’s goal of to “drive broad global adoption of products, services and applications utilizing Ample; forge alliances with others interested in growing the global elastic finance (#EeFi) economy” should be different from the goals of Ampleforth itself. Is Ampleforth’s goal not to drive adoption of Ample?

The Ampleforth team should be committed to driving adoption, improving education, and building new use cases. In fact, they state these are their goals…

AmpleSense exists because Ampleforth did not want to support a DAO structure directly, and wanted to retain centralized control of the protocol and of the AMPL reserves.

But this fractured the community. Now Ampleforth, rogue supporters, and AmpleSense all exist. They should be aligned, instead they are separated.

AmpleSense is trying to justify this separation but the reality is it is just because Ampleforth did not want to support a DAO and wanted to retain centralized control.

I don’t agree with this direction and feel that Ampleforth has major shortcomings in terms of centralization, community, transparency, and governance. The recent incidents have highlighted this and resulted in major community fallout.

I really want to see Ampleforth succeed, I generally thought it was a better version of bitcoin for all of the fundamental economic reasons which led us all here.

But an ideal money in the final state would be owned and used by the community. It’s not the case with Ampleforth.

I’m not trying to be critical or negative, in fact I’m sad to say all of this, I really liked this project. But the reality is crypto lives or dies by the community and as a community member this is how I see it.